2. When do I need to decide on the participation mode?
There will be two different types of participation mode for the 2023 conference: in- person and online. Please note that you need to decide on your participation mode during the registration and prior to the ticket purchase!
A change of participation mode will result in a cancellation and new ticket purchase. by doing so, all fees and deadlines need to be respected.
3. What is covered by the registration fee?
For in-person participation, the fee above gives you access to both, the in-person conference and the virtual conference platform.
At the in-person conference
- Admission to all scientific sessions, exhibition and networking mixer
- Coffee/tea during breaks from Saturday, June 10 to Tuesday, June 13, 2023
Virtual Conference Platform
- Access to interactive online live-streamed sessions through the virtual conference platform
- Access to recorded on-demand sessions through the virtual conference platform until 6 months after the conference
- Accesss to digital posters
- Access through the virtual platform to corporate satellites or sponsor content, if available.
If you opt for an online-only participation, you will have access only to the virtual conference platform with the services listed above.
4. Payment modalities
Payment of registration fees, must be made in EURO through one of the following options:
- Credit Card: Mastercard, Visa
- Bank Transfer to the conference organisers’ bank account. The option to select bank transfer as your preferred payment method will only be available until May 23, 2023. After this day, only credit card payments are accepted. If we have not received your bank transfer payment by May 31, 2023, we cannot guarantee access to the venue or virtual conference platform. Alternatively, you always have the option to pay via credit card. To do this, access the registration platform and click on the menu option “Bookings”. Click on the green button “Pay” to pay with your credit card.
Payments need to be made without charges to the beneficiary. Clearly state the registration number, payment order number and delegate’s name when processing the transaction. If these are not stated, the ESHG Conference office will return the money and you will need to transfer the amount again.
Important: The reduced and regular registration fees are only applicable if the respective fee has also been paid to the conference account before the according deadline.
5. Cancellations and refunds
Notice of cancellation (e.g. in case of sickness, lack of funding or any other personal reasons) must be made in writing by e-mail to the ESHG Conference organisers: firstname.lastname@example.org
The notification must include all relevant information regarding the bank account to which a possible refund may be remitted. The cancellation will not be effective until a written acknowledgement from the ESHG Conference organisers is received. Please note that a refund will only be made to the person acquiring a non-transferrable multi-purpose voucher or ticket and not to the named delegate if different from the original buyer.
Registration fees may be refunded if written cancellation if received as follows:
– until April 20, 2023 75% refund
– between April 21-May 25, 2023 25% refund
– as of May 26, 2023 no refund
The date of the email receipt will be the basis for considering refunds. Please indicate your bank details on your written cancellation. Refunds will be made after the conference.
No refunds will be granted for unattended events or early termination of attendance, in case of cancellation of speakers or any other incidents during the conference, which are beyond the control of the conference organisers. By registering to the ESHG 2023, delegates agree that neither the organising committee nor the conference organisers assume any liability whatsoever. Delegates are requested to make their own arrangements for health and travel insurance. The conference fee does not include insurance. Cancellations made after the deadline (May 25, 2023) cannot be refunded for any reason.
6. Participants from Lower & Middle Income Countries
Participants from low & middle income countries qualify for reduced registration fees. Check below if you qualify:
7. Press Registration
The conference is open to bona fide representatives of print and electronic media. Registration is free of charge to journalists in possession of a valid, recognised press card and who intend to report from the conference. Freelance journalists must also present a commissioning letter on headed paper from a recognised news organisation or publication. Please register online and upload your valid Press-ID.
Once your request has been confirmed, we will send you the link to complete your online registration. Representatives of public relations companies, advertising agencies, marketing companies, pharmaceutical companies and their publications are not allowed to register as media.
8. Accompanying Persons
Based on European compliance regulations, the ESHG Conference is only accessible to professionals, industry representatives and other stakeholders in the area of human genetics. It is not possible to purchase any accompanying tickets for non-healthcare professionals or children.
9. Information on Lunch Bags
Lunch bags need to be pre-ordered and paid online by May 22, 2023 and cannot be purchased onsite. Orders will not be refunded in case in-person attendance is not possible or lunch bags are not collected onsite.
Regular, vegetarian and special (=vegetarian, lactose free and gluten free) options were available for selection. Details on the menues will follow soon.
10. Networking Evening
The networking evening is a great opportunity to meet with friends and colleagues from around the world in a relaxed atmosphere, enjoying the charm and fascination of Glasgow.
Tickets can only be pre-booked online until May 29, 2023. No further pre-bookings are possible until the conference.
However, a limited number of tickets will be available for purchase onsite. Come see us at the Registration Help Desk in the entrance hall of the conference venue to get your ticket! Tickets will be sold on a first-come-first-serve basis.
11. Confirmation of Registration
All delegates will receive written confirmation of registration by e-mail when the registration form has been submitted and the payment has been credited to the conference account.
12. Registration schedule
|April 20, 2023:
||Cancellation deadline (75% refund)
Reduced rate registration deadline
|May 23, 2023:
|Last day to select bank transfer as payment option
|May 25, 2023:
|Cancellation deadline (25% refund)
Regular rate registration deadline
|June 10-13, 2023:
||ESHG 2023 – Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom