Guidelines for the submission process
- You must use the abstract text template (to be downloaded on the submission portal). Note: The template is blank and you are requested to add the text in the usual structure of a scientific abstract.
- The abstract text must not exceed 250 words.
- Do not include the title and authors.
- Grant references must be included at the end of the abstract text (content included in the word count).
- Tables may be included (content included in the word count).
- Graphics are NOT allowed.
- Font: Arial
- Font size: 11 pt
- A maximum of 50 authors with 3 institutions per author is allowed. However, the size of the author block must not exceed 3,000 characters.
- Remember that you may be the presenting author of a hybrid poster or e-poster, but not of an oral talk in any of the concurrent sessions.
- Download a sample abstract with instructions
Before you get started…
Download the mandatory abstract text template from the online submission portal and type your abstract text in it. Save a copy of the file with the abstract text only (no title or authors) so you can use it for the file upload part during the submission process. The upload feature supports and converts tables within the document. Special characters are widely supported.
When entering the submission portal…
You need an account to be able to submit your abstract. On the home page of the portal you will have 2 options:
- In case you participated in the ESHG 2021 or 2022 conference, you can use the same email and password that you used to access the virtual conference platform. In case you cannot retrieve your access data, please use the “request password” option.
ATTENTION: The login for the abstract submission is not your ESHG member login.
- If you did not participate in the ESHG 2021 or 2022 conference, you will have to create a new user account by clicking on “Create account”. Fill in all required fields and save your personal information by clicking “Create Account” in the online form.
How to start the abstract submission…
Once you have logged into the submission portal, you will see the breaking abstract submission button labelled “Breaking Abstract Submission”. Click on the button to start with your abstract submission. When clicking the “Abstract Submission” button you will have 2 options:
- Submit an abstract: This option allows you to start with the submission of a completely new abstract. Follow step by step the instructions for submission.
- View my abstracts: This option will allow you to complete or edit your abstract drafts as well as to see your submissions. Please note that you will not be able to edit your submitted abstract(s).
At the end of the submission process, you will see a summary in which you may save or print an overview of your abstract. Once you are satisfied with your submitted data you have to click on the “submit” button on this step to complete your submission. After clicking on the “submit” button, you will receive a submission confirmation email. Your abstract should now show as complete in your submission module.
General Information on Breaking Abstract Submission and FAQ
Content – Authors
- Please note that you may be the presenting author of a hybrid or e-poster, but not of an oral talk in any of the concurrent sessions.
- Can you submit a paper that has already been presented at another meeting or been published?
The work must be original/unpublished (submitted to Biorxiv/in press are acceptable) or published/presented after February 1, 2023.
- Disambiguation of Presenting Author, First Author and Submitter
– Presenting Author is the person who will present the abstract at the conference.
– First Author is usually the person who did the main part of the research in the study. She or he can but does not necessarily have to be the presenting author.
– Submitter is the person who enters the abstract into the submission system. She or he can but does not necessarily have to be one of the authors. The system will pre-fill the first author with the contact data of the submitter, but this can be amended.
- For optimum results when using the Online Submission System, it is recommended that you use one of the following browsers: Google Chrome 33 or higher, Internet Explorer 8.0 or higher, Mozilla FireFox 16 or higher, Safari 5.0 or higher.
Corrections – Amendments
- The title of your abstract is displayed in the “View my abstracts” section, together with the information on whether the submission is complete or incomplete. Incomplete submissions (drafts) can be picked up and completed until the deadline.
- The submission system stores the information in “real time”. The moment you reach the summary within the submission process and click on the button “submit” your abstract is completed and has been received. You will receive a submission confirmation email. Please make sure to save the submission confirmation email for your records.
- Please note that submitted abstracts cannot be edited. If you need to make any changes to your submitted abstract, contact the conference office at email@example.com. Do not submit a new abstract.
- For support during the submission process, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +43 1 405 13 83 14 between 9.00 – 17.00 hrs CEST.